What I hate about the iTunes Music Store, Veoh and Odeo...

Software. Damn if I have to download and install more RSS aggregation programs! I have Odeo, Itunes & Veoh. I need them all because there isn't a one-stop for all media embedded in RSS feeds.

Why? Why is Apple playing the proprietorship game? Why did they make special iTunes XML tags without which, you cannot be in their directory of "free" content? Why do you have to have a credit card number on file with them in order to submit a feed?

Meanwhile, Odeo has a pretty good setup. It allows Tags like Technorati which is cool, but it doesn't work so well with the iTunes program, which I like.

I just got Veoh running. It's cool. There's a fair amount of content on there. And for the maker of content, they'll allow you to upload the videos, or submit a feed. Oh- and Veoh implements BitTorrent apparently. Gotta give 'em props for that.

But When I'm looking through Veoh's content, Or the iTMS's podcasts, I can't help it wonder: Why the hell do I have to use THEIR software to browse what is essentially just a website? Odeo's site is just that, a website. Same with BlipTV. I get to browse using MY browser, not some stripped-down near-browser like Veoh's program or iTunes when you go to the iTMS. But I'll be damned, I have to launch the Odeo Syncer if I want my Odeo subscriptions to start downloading, and BlipTV doesn't do auto-download.

Is it just me or shouldn't all this be built right into a user's regular web-browser?

And speaking of browsers, when are Apple and Microsoft finally going to realize that there's no advantage to them in not letting the other's users get the latest plug-in... I think I'm like 3 versions behind on my Windows Media Player plugin. And it seemed like it took forever for Apple to release H.264 Quicktime for Windows users.

Flash, Quicktime, Real Player, Acrobat Reader, Windows Media, Shockwave!! Isn't it supposed to be the nineties or something?!? Shouldn't nice new computers be able to view the internet right out of the box?

There's no advantage for these companies to make an internet user's experience less enjoyable.


You may sense my frustration. I wish Apple, Microsoft, Macromedia and all these emerging audio/video content channels did.

Gee Whizzz.